Child Protection Review Conference
When a Child Protection Plan is agreed, progress will be monitored by a regular review process. This will include Core Group meetings and Child Protection Review Conferences.
Decisions about continuing plans will be based on what professionals and the family remain worried about. If a decision is made that a child no longer requires a Child Protection Plan, this does not mean that services for the child will be discontinued. Further support can be agreed as part of a Child In Need Plan.
All multi-agency meetings to review the needs of a child will be conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Kent & Medway Safeguarding Children Procedures.
When are reviews held?
The first review will be held within three months of the initial child protection conference and then at minimum intervals of six months all the time that a child remains on a plan.
In addition Core Group meetings will be held at regular intervals between conferences to track progress.
Who should be involved in review conferences?
- Core Group Members - will provide reports on the progress made by the child and family
- Other relevant professionals - may be invited to provide reports on any involvement with the family
- Parents and Carers - are invited to participate by written and/or verbal feedback
- Children and Young People - should they wish are also invited to participate
- Members of the family support network - may also be invited to participate with the agreement of the family and the conference chair
Parents and Carers are encouraged to submit a report for the conference. Please see below for the form.