Child Protection for Designated Practitioners
This course will provide you with an introduction on the role and responsibilities of a Designated Practitioner for safeguarding.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the role of a Designated Practitioner for safeguarding and state the key areas of responsibility
- Understand the Kent Support Levels
- Make appropriate decisions about the actions to take when informed of a concern about a child or young person
- State what is likely to happen following a request for support to the 'Front Door' team
- Explain the issues around recording and sharing information
(To book a place on one of the below events, please click on the event date)
- 21 April 2020 - 9:30am-1pm - Canterbury
- 3 June 2020 - 9:30am-1pm - Thanet
- 8 July - 9:30am-1pm - Maidstone
- 21 September 2020 - 9:30am-1pm - Ashford
A Train the Trainer session is available for this course. For more information please visit the KSCMP Train the Trainer page.