Domestic Abuse: The Effects on Children and Young People
This course will highlight the effects of domestic abuse and violence on children and young people; the relationship between domestic abuse and child abuse; and the role and responsibilities of individual agencies.
By the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Provide an overview of the signs that may indicate risks
- Explore the idea of 'Duty to Report'
- Provide a deeper understanding of the importance of multi-agency cooperation
- Identify the links between domestic violence and abuse
- Explain the effects of domestic violence and abuse on children and young people
- Describe the signs and indicators of abuse
- Identify the key questions to ascertain the safety a child and young person
- List police power in relation to child protection
Dates for this course will be published soon.