Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST)
This training is aimed at professionals working with young people who may be misusing drugs or alcohol. The Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST) is used as both a screening device for substance misuse and a referral form into Young Addaction. The training is focused on enabling professionals to feel more confident and competent in identifying substance misuse among vulnerable young people and how to respond appropriately.
By the end of this course participants will:
- Have increased their understanding around the purpose of screening
- Have increased their understanding of drug and alcohol issues affecting young people
- Have increased their awareness of local services and referral process
- Have a better understanding of drugs, the effects and the law
- Be able to identify various tools used to engage young people and establish motivation for change
Dates for this course will be published soon.