This course is an introductory workshop that explores the issues of self-harm in children and young people.
By the end of this course participants will gain:
- An insight into the minds of children and young people who self-harm
- Awareness of the various types of self-harm and associated risks
- Practical strategies to engage and support children and young people who self-harm
- Confidence to support colleagues and parents/carers working with children and young people who self-harm
- An overview of the self-harm and overdose assessment and risk management including the appropriate referral pathways
- Information on the treatments and case offered by the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
Dates for this course will be published soon.