Teenage Suicide and Self-Harm in Kent
The Kent Safeguarding Children Board (KSCB), University of Kent, and the Kent and Medway STP (made up of NHS bodies and local authorities) are hosting a one-day conference on adolescent suicide and self-harm. The conference will be based on research and work undertaken by the KSCB and partners to improve the understanding, identification, assessment and treatment of this complex phenomenon.
The interactive conference brings together practitioners to explore the topics of adolescent suicidal feelings, thoughts and behaviours. The principal aim of the conference is to promote practitioner understanding, competency and confidence in working with young people who present as suicidal or self-harming.
Learning objectives for the event are as follows:
- To understand the lived experiences of suicidal or self-harming young people.
- To hear the voice of young people and their families.
- To identify interventions which may reduce risk and meet the complex and developmental needs of young people.
- To learn how to identify, assess and treat young people at risk of suicide or self-harm.
- To promote practitioner confidence and competencies in working with suicidal young people.
- Tuesday 1st October - 9:30am (10am Start) - 4pm - Ashford - Book Here