Youth Suicide Awareness and Prevention
Each suicide is a tragic event which has a devastating impact on the friends and family of the victim, and can be felt across the whole community. While the events and circumstances leading to each suicide will be different, there are a number of areas where action can be taken to help prevent loss of life.
The Kent and Medway Suicide Prevention Strategy (2015-2020) recommends that as many people as possible are trained in mental health and suicide prevention training.
- introduction to Adverse Childhood Experiences
- understanding self-harm
- suicide awareness
- helpful strategies and support
The workshop is suitable for anyone interested in the mental health and wellbeing of children and young people. This includes people who work or volunteer with children and young people, as well as individuals / parents who want to learn more about how to support children and young people in a personal capacity.
Key outcomes for this workshop include:
- increased awareness of suicide prevention in children and young people
- increased confidence to reduce suicide risk
- increased awareness of support services (via pose-course information provided)
(To book a place on one of the below events, please click on the event date)
- 17 September 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 17 September 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 22 September 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 7 October 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 7 October 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 12 October 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 12 October 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 22 October 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 22 October 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 3 November 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 3 November 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 9 November 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 9 November 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 20 November 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 20 November 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
- 3 December 2020 - 9am-12:30pm
- 3 December 2020 - 1:30pm-5pm
The above sessions will be delivered on Zoom, and joining instructions will be sent a few days before the course date.