Adolescent violence to parents (AVP)
This course will help increase your awareness and understanding of Adolescent Violence to Parents (AVP) in respect of:
- the definition of AVP
- current statistics and research
- Kent's response to AVP
- understanding abusive and violent behaviour
- abuse, anger and the cycle of violence
- the teenage brain and the importance of attachment
- children at risk of being violent
- influences on children's behaviour
- the link between DA and AVP
- support strategies for parents
- national and local guidance and support.
Due to current situation regarding COVID-19 our multi-agency training calendar has been suspended until January 2021.