Child protection: basic awareness
This course will provide you with an introduction on how to recognise, record, and refer child protection concerns.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- recognise how your personal knowledge and feelings may affect your approach to child abuse
- meet your own, and your agencies legal responsibilities for safeguarding children
- describe the four types of abuse
- recognise the signs, symptoms and indicators of abuse and neglect
- respond effectively when children want to disclose
- record and refer child protection concerns.
Due to current situation regarding COVID-19 our multi-agency training calendar has been suspended until January 2021.