Domestic abuse: the effects on children and young people
This course will highlight the effects of domestic abuse and violence on children and young people, the relationship between domestic abuse and child abuse, and the roles and responsibilities of individual agencies.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- provide an overview of the signs that may indicate risks
- explore the idea of 'duty to report'
- provide a deeper understanding of the importance of multi-agency cooperation
- identify the links between domestic violence and abuse
- explain the effects of domestic violence and abuse on children and young people
- describe the signs and indicators of abuse
- identify the key questions to ascertain the safety of a child or young person
- list police powers in relation to child protection.
Due to current situation regarding COVID-19 our multi-agency training calendar has been suspended until January 2021.