Drug use screening tool
This course is aimed at those working with children and young people who may be misusing drugs or alcohol. The drug use screening tool (DUST) is used as a screening device for substance misuse and a referral form for Young Addaction.
The training is focused on enabling you to feel more confident and competent in identifying substance misuse among vulnerable children and young people, and how to respond appropriately.
By the end of this course you will:
- have increased your understanding around the purpose of screening
- have increased your understanding of drug and alcohol issues affecting children and young people
- have increased your awareness of local services and referral processes
- have a better understanding of drugs, their effects and the law
- be able to identify various tools used to engage children and young people, and establish motivation for change.
Due to current situation regarding COVID-19 our multi-agency training calendar has been suspended until January 2021.