This course is an introductory workshop that explores the issues of self-harm in children and young people.
By the end of this course you will gain:
- an insight into the minds of children and young people who self-harm
- awareness of the various types of self-harm and associated risks
- practical strategies to engage and support children and young people who self-harm
- confidence to support colleagues and parents / carers working with children and young people who self-harm
- an overview of the self-harm and overdose assessment and risk management including the appropriate referral pathways
- information on the treatments offered by the CHild and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).
Due to current situation regarding COVID-19 our multi-agency training calendar has been suspended until January 2021.