Understanding Kent Support Level Guidance
The Kent Integrated Front Door arrangements to access support from Early Help and Children's Social Work Services has been recently updated. The Front Door Service deal with all requests for support at intensive level 3 or above. These requests will need to be made using the 'Request for Support' form. This course will help professionals understand the overall arrangements as well as the updates and refresh understanding of the support levels and ways of working together.
The aim of this course is to increase practitioner awareness, understanding and confidence in respect of:
- understanding the updated Support Level Guidance
- understanding the different types of support available and the need for the right support at the right time
- understanding the role and responsibilities of all and the support already tried, or in place, for the child/family
- identifying when to complete a 'Request for Support' form and the process to be followed
- understanding what constitutes a good 'Request for Support'
- highlight the importance of good conversations and effective challenge
- understanding the need for effective information sharing
- knowing when and how to question, or challenge a decision made by the Front Door Service
This course will be delivered via Microsoft Teams.