Youth mental health first aid
This two day course trains you as a Youth Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- an in-depth understanding of young people's mental health and factors that affect wellbeing
- practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- confidence to reassure and support a young person in distress
- enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- knowledge to help a young person recover their health by guiding them to further support - whether that's through self help sites, their place of learning, the NHS, or a mix - engaging with parents, carers, and external agencies where appropriate
- ability to support a young person with a long term mental health or disability to thrive
- tools to look after your own mental wellbeing
Everyone who completes the course will receive a:
- certificate of attendance to say you are a Youth Mental Health First Aider
- Youth Mental Health First Aid manual to refer to whenever you need it
- workbook including some helpful tools to support your own mental health
There is a £20 attendance fee associated with this course.
- 25 and 26 September 2023, 9:30am to 4:30pm at The Friars (Tonbridge and Malling)
- 17 and 18 October 2023, 9:30am to 4:30pm at the The Friars (Tonbridge and Malling)
- 7 and 8 November 2023, 9:30am to 4:30pm at Singleton Environment Centre (Ashford)
- 29 and 30 November 2023, 9:30am to 4:30pm at The Friars (Tonbridge and Malling)
How to book a place
To book a place please click on the date you would like to attend. You will need to enrol onto the course then book onto the session you wish to attend.
Those who do not already have an account registered with our training portal will need to create one (click here to create an account) before booking onto a session. Please note the system will not allow you to book on behalf of colleagues, all individuals wishing to attend must book via their own account.