Learning from practice reviews
In September 2019, we published a thematic report reviewing the key themes from serious and local case reviews published between April 2018 and March 2019. Key themes identified were:
- undertaking assessments and the use of historic information
- inquisitive practice and meaningful engagement
- engaging with fathers and new adults in the family
- information sharing and record keeping
- working with neglectful families and understanding sustained change
- children’s attendance at appointments
- multi-Agency Challenge and Escalation
- working with children where the parents have additional needs
- vulnerability of small children and babies
NSPCC National Case Review Repository
The NSPCC repository provides a single place for published case reviews to make it easier to access and share learning at a local, regional and national level.
Access to the electronic versions of the case review reports stored by the NSPCC is available by accessing the NSPCC website library.