This course will enable delegates to:
- understand how the online world can impact children and young people, both positively and negatively
- identify the key potential risks and online harms children and young people can be exposed to online, known as the 4 Cs of online safety - Content, Contact, Conduct and Commerce
- know how to access advice and support to be able to better protect children and support parents and carers to help keep their children safer online.
This training will explore how children and young people are using the internet and technology, including new and emerging online harms. It will consider how to recognise and respond to a range of online harms including online sexual abuse, online grooming for sexual/criminal exploitation, radicalisation and extremism, harmful content online, sex and relationships online, cyberbullying and sharing nudes and semi-nudes. It will also explore a range of resources which can support professionals working with parents and carers.
- 10 October 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm via Microsoft Teams
- 5 December 2023, 9:30am to 12:30pm via Microsoft Teams
- 23 January 2024, 9:30am to 12:30pm via Microsoft Teams
- 19 March 2024, 9:30am to 12:30pm via Microsoft Teams
- 21 May 2024, 9:30am to 12:30pm via Microsoft Teams
- 2 July 2024, 9:30am to 12:30pm via Microsoft Teams
How to book a place:
To book a place please click on the date you would like to attend. You will need to enrol onto the course then book onto the session you wish to attend.
Those who do not already have an account registered with our training portal will need to create one (click here to create an account) before booking onto a session. Please note the system will not allow you to book on behalf of colleagues, all individuals wishing to attend must book via their own account.