Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO)
County Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) Services
The County LADO Service deals with allegations against staff who work with children either in education or the wider children's workforce.
If you need to speak to the LADO Service regarding an allegation against a member of staff please contact on the Contact and Referral Officers or complete a referral form. Your details will be taken and passed to the LADO on duty. The same LADO will support you through the process until the matter has been resolved.
LADO Contact Details
County LADO Service: 03000 41 08 88
If a call is urgent i.e. a child is in immediate danger and requires safeguarding, call 03000 41 11 11.
if a call is urgent and outside of office house call 03000 41 91 91.
LADO Feedback Form
The LADO feedback form is for all professionals and parents/carers who use the LADO service and wish to provide feedback.
- Managing Allegations Against Staff Practice Guidance
- Managing Allegations Against Staff in Education Settings Procedures
- Guidance for Investigation Reports Under Allegation Management
- Guidance for Safer Working Practice in Education Settings
- Allegations of Abuse Against Staff - Do's and Don'ts
- Disqualification Under the Children Act 2006